Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Singapore Fashion Festival 2006, Day 2!


Yes, I can post my pictures already!

So, on sunday I was at Singapore Fashion Festival 2006, Day 2.
I did a Robinsons and Fox show as a dresser and then in the night, I did Ashley Isham's show as an usher.


This is my rack at the Robinsons' show. We had to be there at 10AM.

Then we just hung out at the 'voulnteer's office' then we went backstage and got to work,

First, we gotta check if all the outfits tallied with the little piece of paper hanging together with it. It has descriptions and all in it. There are also pictures of the model wearing their outfits stuck onto the rack. Can refer to that to see how to dress him/ her. Then gotta arrange the outfits together as according to which goes first. From left to right.

After which, we gotta remove all the tags from the clothes and accessories. The accessories are all in the "auntie" plastic bags which I have removed from my rack and neatly arranged them with the shoe boxes.

Then, we gotta use black duct tape to tape the bottom of the shoes the models will be rocking. Cause when the shoes are returned to like Nine West and all, they can re-sell them. Quite cheapo right??!

Then you gotta steam or iron the clothes.

Then, sometimes, you need to do another fitting with the model. BTW, one dresser is in charge of one model. We're allowed to choose. Like in my case, they wanted my model to re-fit into the black dress you see on the rack. Because it's nicer than the white dress, third from the left... The black dress' too big for her. It's a size 10. She's an 8. So they had to safety pin the side.

That's about it.


You can see there's a fridge of Coke Light there. We can just feel free to take! :) There's also a fridge of Voda Voda. :)



Slacking, with nothing else to do. HAHA.


The FIRST EVER MODEL I DRESSED! Bettee! PLUS, SHE'S SUCH A NICE PERSON! This is her first outfit. She's sharing shoes with another model, that explains why she's shoeless. I told you the shoe lenders are cheapos! Lend one pair only.


The models at the line-up right before the show begins.


Me and Bettee with the third and final outfit after the show. Couldn't take with outfit 2, though I really liked it. And by the way, the bloody pearl necklace she's wearing gave me ALOT of problem! She came running in after outfit 2, then she changed into this. I had to put on the necklace for her. BUT THE BLOODY CLASP ON IT WAS SO TINY! I couldn't get it through! Then some stylist came and took her to the line-up and they managed to get it in RIGHT BEFORE SHE WENT OUT! Hahaha. It is THAT hectic

Denise Keller and I.


Fox show. My rack. My friends and I decided to do male models for this show. And oh oh, we also gotta write our name on the yellow paper above the rack. Just to show others that that model's taken already...


Jonathan and I. The model i dressed for Fox. I look bloody hideous!


Michelle and her rack at the Fox show.


The models all gathered at the entrance of the stage for the finale.


Osny, me and Mario. They are 2 other models of the Fox show. They're all funny people. Know why their body is glowing?? HAHA. Because they had Johnson and Johnson baby oil rubbed all over them for the "Brazillian Heat" look. HAHAHA. Even the chicks.


Zurah and I.


This is LILY COLE. AKA Ms-$50,000-per-show!

Actually there's a story when we took this photo. We were all having a break, she was too. We met her outside. And she was with someone, we reckon her manager or PA or something. So when 4 of us approached them, they were initially chatting and we interuptted POLITELY. My friend asked first, "Can I get a picture with you?"

Then the manager said to Lily, "It's so annoying..." Refering to people (US) keep wanting a picture taken with Lily. But Lily said, "It's okay."

Then after that, they continues their conversation when we were still there. Then I went up to her and ask, "Can i gat a picture taken with you?"

Then Lily turned to her manager or something and said "I feel like a statue!"

WHAT THE FUCK??! I don't know how to judge Lily from just these 3 minutes man! Totally... But I know for sure her manager or friend is a TOTAL BITCH. Because there's one time, after this incident, she totally corner-eyed me and gave me a fucking snide look. BIG FUCK HUH! Bitch! She's not even BLOODY LILY COLE!

Enough of her.


Nisha representing LaSalle-SIA (AKA partner-in-crime), ME representing NAFA and Cynthia representing Raffles Design. HAHAHA! All the volunteers from major art school in Singapore gather to make SFF'06 a success! There's also someone I got to know and she's from TP apparel design. Min. She's cool too. Will get a picture with her.


Ashley Isham's runway in preparation! Those awesome lanterns you see on the runway are specially flown in. They're really nice!

OH OH, MAY I ADD IN.


ME, Jon Jonsson and Mich. We met him backstage! He's here for the Ashley Isham show. By the way, if you don't know who he is... He's the winner of the male version of America's Next Top Model, Manhunt. It was previously aired on Star World and then on Channel 5, if I did not remember wrongly... And he's not that tall, for a model... Mich's like 171. So I reckon he's like 175?


Ms Lily strutting her stuff on the runway. This is taken at the rehearsal. May I also add that Lily's the same age as me. 18 this year! GOSHH.


I like this picture. Taken at the show. OH YA. I also met WENDY CHENG AKA XIAXUE AKA BOMBSHELL! Pity I could not get a picture with her or talk to her. I FINALLY MET HER! After all the "long necks" at clubs. HAHAHAHAHA!


End of show. Mr Ashley Isham with Lily Cole.


Mr Ashley Isham, ME and Mich. We got hold of him backstage after his show! Wahahaha! I look fucking fat there. Ashely's skinny like anything.


Bettee and Me, again. I met her outside of The Tent. She was watching herself from the big screen that was airing the Ashley Isham show that has just ended. Haha. She's really cool lah. She's from Hungary and started modelling for only half a year! I have to say she's pretty good for the time she's been modelling!

_The End.

Later in the afternoon, I gotta go off early from Communication Skills class to go down for the Escada show! I will be doing dresser again. It's gonna be sooooo stressful fun! Love the adrenaline! HAHAHA. Guess I'm really into this industry!

Goodnight, Bananas. It's already 3.10AM. HAHAHAHA. Gotta get up in about 4 hours.

Hur-Hur!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home